Tyres can last for a long time. They would keep working until the day you decide to replace them with new ones. With proper maintenance tyres can last for a while and give the best value for money. If you notice your car unable to handle turns or poor performance on wet roads, it is possible that the tyres need to be replaced. Similarly strange skidding sounds and the inability to break on spot could also be matters of concern and should be addressed immediately. You can get the best tyres in Strathpine.
The following are some tips for maintaining your tyres
- Make sure you check the tyre pressure on regular basis. Also do not forget to rotate, align and inspect the tyres as well. Properly inflated tyres can work for a longer time. They give a better ride as well. A tyre which is twenty percent less inflated than it should be gives twenty percent less mileage. So a tyre which is supposed to work for 60’000 miles would only last to about 48’000 miles. Get the pressure checked on a monthly basis at least.
- Also under inflated tyres can cause more fuel dispensation when the car is running. If you want to save up on fuel, make sure your tyres have the right amount of air pressure.
- Tyres are an important aspect of car safety. This is why it’s important for you to assess them on a regular basis.
- Check tyres for wear and tear. This would help prevent sudden problems like a flat tyre. Having a professional assess the tyres is also important. It should be done on a yearly basis.
- Also driving with under pressure tyres during the wet season can be potentially dangerous. It could lead to a heat buildup and an eventual flare up.
- Also avoid going over the load capacity. It can eventually lead to tyre destruction in the long run. Make sure you check out the load capacity which your tyres can handle and never go overboard while placing load in the vehicle.
- Cars shouldn’t be driven at high speeds unnecessarily either. High speed can not only damage the tyres but it would also lead to accidents which are a safety risk.
By keeping in mind all of the above mentioned things you could potentially save your tyres from getting old and worn before time. This is one way to make sure that the tyres give better value for money. Also ensure that when you are buying new tyres, make sure to make the change for all four of the tyres at the same time. This way you can ensure that they all last the same time and there is no unnecessary load on the new ones. Changing tyres in rotation is one of the best ways to ensure that you get better mileage and your car gives great performance as well.